NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Fishers,

Yesterday (Wednesday 4/10)late afternoon - Sunset, I managed to get out with Rich Tenreiro (from R&G Bait & Tackle) and veteran sharpie "Doc" Bill Muller for a striper haunt.

Rich captained the boat throughout the entire Little Neck and Manhasset Bay to find pods of fish (around splashing bunkers) cooperative fish.

We tried various methods and by the end of our successful excursion… We nailed several bass on assorted plastics, swimming plugs, live bunkers and fresh chunks!

I noticed the following: Small schoolies were fast to take 3" plastics, medium sized fish were caught on 5" paddle tailed plastic bodies & swimming plugs, and the larger fish were fooled on fresh chunks and live bunker!

All in all, it was a perfect day with plenty of action! Largest fish was just over the 28-lbs. mark with countless schoolies and medium critters!

Hope this report will give you the incentive to go out to play! ;)

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
117 Posts
R & G Tackle

I just wnated to persoanally thank you for telling me about Rich and the R & G
tackle shop. We went to his shop and he filled us in with all the info w needed and proceeded to have a blast with the schoolie bass. ( all on plastics, none on poppers).

He is a great guy and runs a terrific operation

Nick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.