NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out at LIPA this AM and park on the street outside of the Crabmeadow parking lot since the lot was lock at 4:00AM.

When I got back to my car I had a suffolk county parking ticket.

This really pisses me off since I am there constantly and I have discussed the parking arrangements with every cop that I see at that hour of the AM.

Please beware because it seems that some cop is starting to ticket cars there.

Harry

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
It seems to have gotten much worse there over the last 2-3 seasons.

I too have spoken to officers there who always told me they know that fisherman park there and they don't ticket them. But I guess someone has been complaining. Or maybe the town really needs the money?

All I can suggest is maybe your car didn't look like a fisherman's car and the police thought it might be kids on the beach.

Still not a good situation.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure your right about my car not looking 'fishy' enough. When I went out this AM I put my NY State night fishing/parking permit in the window.

On a side note, security at the LIPA plant this AM were going crazy chasing someone who must have gone in the back. They drive around flashing headlights in the back, checking the fences with flashlights. They even got out of their car to ask if we had seen anyone and then were in the woods looking around with flashlights.

I would recommend not thinking about going in the back, if you can make it through the newly patched fence and the recently installed barbed wire. They seem to be quite serious about security and trespassers.

Harry

·
Registered
343 Posts
Why in these times of high alert would anyone chance some serious prosecution to catch a few schoolies out of season.
I'd rather see this and that stupid Hudson season that allows Cows with bellies full of ripened egg to end up on a scale in front of some marina stopped completely.
JMHO
Shag

·
Registered
96 Posts
This may be risky, but I parked adjacent to the neighborhood park at the end of Soundview Terrace on Monday morning to try my luck at LIPA. Its the lh turn left right at the dog leg before the gate at CM. I know if I keep parking there I'll be pushing my luck, but it saves time on the walk, and no one seemed to mind. Maybe because its the off-season. Just a suggestion if the police are restless at CM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.