NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GOING TO COSTA RICA THE FIRST WEEK OF MARCH. WILL BE STAYING IN QUEPOS AND I'M LOOKING TO CATCH SAILS. LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS ON BOATS TO FISH AND ANYONE WHO HAS PRIOR EXPERIENCE

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
You might be a little late to book a boat now. I did it 2 years ago and booked in November and still had trouble getting boat.

Try and get and in board rather then an outboard, something to do with the noise between the 2 type of props.

·
Registered
4 Posts
costa rica sails

just retuned for los suenos wich is south of quepos. we booked our charters in october for four of the seven days.we ended up adding two more days once we got there.we ended up fishing six days in a row.it was a dream vacation for me as this was my first chance at offshore fishing.the four of us ended up with 13 billfish ,2 marlin 3dorado,2 yellow fins.i had hoped for a few more fish but enjoyed every minute fshing. best of luck with your trip

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I just had a group of friends return from the Golfito area. They reported very slow fishing for the sails but lots of small mahi around. Sounds like the averaged only one billfish/boat/day...which is horrible for down there. Two man boats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.