NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Answering questions

SinkerBouncer wrote:
Depends on your definition of content, BW.
Let me ask you a question?.
What is a fishing website without corporate sponsorship and commerical interest ?? A blog ??

Answering questions with questions --- OK --- I like it best when people with no agenda ( no monetary incentive ) share their experience, postive or negative , about things related to fishing. Info from parties with monetary incentives can also be helpful, but at times can create either tranparent or hidden conflicts of interest.

A hypothetical situation: If you advertise on our website we will monitor the threads and make sure nothing negative is connected with your interests.

If this was in fact how it worked, do you perceive that as a problem?

What about people affiliated with the site receiving free gear or services and then posting --- would that be a conflict of interest?

These are just questions --- I'm sure that it never occurs here --- I also know that most of the time it is not an issue --- just wondering if anyone has anything to say about it.

Neil Young will not finance tours with corporate sponsorship but charges two hundred for an orchestra seat --- I don't know what it means.

This post edited by BobWheeler 12:20 AM 12/28/2007

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Are Fishing websites tainted by interests that post for their own reasons?

BobWheeler wrote:

A hypothetical situation: If you advertise on our website we will monitor the threads and make sure nothing negative is connected with your interests.

If this was in fact how it worked, do you perceive that as a problem?

What about people affiliated with the site receiving free gear or services and then posting --- would that be a conflict of interest?

These are just questions --- I'm sure that it never occurs here --- I also know that most of the time it is not an issue --- just wondering if anyone has anything to say about it.

Neil Young will not finance tours with corporate sponsorship but charges two hundred for an orchestra seat --- I don't know what it means.

Indeed, if a website monitored the threads and allowed nothing negative to be mentioned about its sponsors that could be a problem?..

Maybe there are fishing websites that are as pure as the driven snow.

Everyone who posts would do so only to share the joy of their honest and unbiased fishing experience.

No posting for an ulterior motive like exaggerating about the success of a party boat?.only the unvarnished truth.

No false claims about wondrous plugs and tubes that fish can?t resist.

That would be perfect, wouldn?t it? (Sorry, didn?t mean to ask another question).

Problem is I don?t know how you would stop the non-advertising interested parties from posing as non-interested parties who then infiltrate the boards with propaganda.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
bloodnguts wrote:
are you guys complaining about a free site?.....
Can?t you figure that out for yourself ?

Why do so many post with a question, anyway ?

Is sarcasm beyond the reach of most people on this site ?

Why do I even bother ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.