NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ambassadeur 7500c3ct

ha crazy al, do you have a picture of that amb. 7500c3ct. how quick is that reel meaning spool speed about as quick as a accurate reel. if so do you know a place in north caroilna where i could order any.

·
Registered
200 Posts
conventionals

I still prefer my Penn Squidder 140 for this type of fishing. There is a certain pleasure to be had in casting one. Another good choice is the Penn 980 Mag if you can find one. It is more fool proof than the Squidder but not as much fun.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Cat,
I just got back from Da Banks and gave my new Daiwa SL30SHV a good going through. I'm no expert with conventionals, but this reel is very user friendly, two sets of brakes, holds plenty of line and is very popular down in Hatteras where distance is the name of the game. If you are totally new you might want to go with the 20 instead of the 30 for more control. They are also less prone to corrosion due to the way they are constructed. There are plenty shops along the banks where you can get the Abu as well as the Daiwa. Most have Websites: Hatteras Jacks, Red Drum, and Frisco Rod and Gun are a few.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.