NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quote:
As long as we still hook up at your den, I can still play, GOT CABLE. We gotta hook up with rich for Christmas.[/i]

Ahhhh yes... The good old memories. Can't wait to do it again! ;)

BTW: RichT is not feeling well (Flu)... Ya probably wanna give him a buzz...

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quote:
Berkley Power Baits!
Either that or olive woolie buggers.
[/i]

bassturd666,
LOLOLOLOLOL.... You are too funny! :)

I tell ya what, give me the black or olive woolies anytime... and I'll supply you with all the power bait you need. Hey Gill...where are you? ;)

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Alberto,

You should tell Rich T. that the Adkins diet makes you more prone to sickness. Believe me I've tried...got myself run down, not to mention my cholesterol went up and also got a kidney stone (ouch!).

Is he still shrinking away?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Hi Al. I start fishing the Conni as soon as I put the boat to bed. PROBABLY this week. Wooly buggers work well but I like the bead heads, I also do well with zonkers. I used to use a 4 wt.outfit but I won't use anything lighter than a 6 during the winter now, The lighter rig would take too much of a toll on the large fish we get this time of year. I'd rather be able to land them quickly and release them healthy. I keep the light stuff for the spring and summer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello Al,
I love fishing the conny in the winter/spring.
There are some MONSTER trout lurking in there!
As far as favorite patterns,the olive or black bugger has always been good,and a dark hares ear/pheasant tail nymph on the selective days.
Lately i've been experimenting with some wild colors & patterns to put to the test for this season to harass some of the local sea runs who like to stop by!

I like to use a 6wt. set up on the lower beats and the pond,and a 4# is a lotta fun on the upper beats with heavier cover.

This message was edited by Rick G on 12-12-01 @ 10:20 PM

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
Al,

Trout season is open all year in the Connetquot River, South of Montauk Highway (Tidal river). A great way to take advantage of some sea runs and keep busy through the winter.

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
You can use spinning gear South of Montauk Highway. They are not allowed in the park. Ultra light tackle with Mepps zero's, tiny rapala countdowns, quickfish and other small lures all work great. Plus you will always find some guys down there with powerbait (unfortunately they also kill a lot of the small trout to retreive their hooks).

Also, while I have never caught any, some guys do very well with white perch there.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Doughboy wrote:
Trout season is open all year in the Connetquot River, South of Montauk Highway (Tidal river). A great way to take advantage of some sea runs and keep busy through the winter.

Hello Doughboy,
I was referring to the Connetquot State Park, which is for fly fisherman only and opens the first of February.

Also, the tidal rivers you are reffering to is called Rattlesnake creek and Bubbles fall which you are right ? it?s open all year long and it does not require a freshwater fishing license. Usually when I get the itch? you will find me fishing there! ;)

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
Hi Al,

I understood that you were talking about the park. I was trying to let you know that you didn't have to wait until February to get in some trout action. Rattlesnake creek feeds into the the Connetquot river just South of the train tressel and Bubbles Falls is a fall that is on the Connetquot River. The year round regulations only apply to the tidal portion of the stream. So when fishing at Bubbles Falls you can fish down stream of the spillway with no problem, but do not cast your line upstream of the spillway because the season is closed there. In fresh water you cannot fish for fish during the closed season.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Doughboy,
That is true and thank you for the clarification! :)

Now... Do we have anybody working the Nassau waters chasing trout this time of the year?

I am referring to Massapequa Reservoir, Twin Lakes, McDonald Pond or South pond. Anybody?

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.