NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The DEP released a statement on Friday January 18 (for clarification go to DEP News on NYC DEP website) that there will again be reservoir access for fisherman with a special publice access permit that you can get on the Web at the DEP site or local tackle stores or city and local municipal offices. Wow!We should all thank the many people who put an effort into this and even the DEP and DEC for what they've done. There is no information on when these permits will take effect or in what waters, but it looks like they will all be opne again. Boat Permits will be honored. Imagine some "ham and egger" from CT. getting the scoop. Just lucky, I guess. Again, this is a great triumph for all of you guys and gals.
Bill O'C

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nope, I had nuttn to do with it, I was just one of the guys yelling at the DEP too...I put the word out whenever I could, but that was about it. Well I did have some interesting conversations with DEP personel but nothing more.

What to do now?

GET YOUR PERMIT!

"All regulations are in effect"

witch means....March 15th permit offices open, check the DEP site for your closest location. You have to show up in person. IN PERSON, no mailings, they wanna look you in the eye. April 1st the Boating season opens if ice out. So as of right now we have a March 15th open date, with boating on the 1st. Expect to have many run ins with enforcement officers as they figure out the best way to keep track of whos on the reservoirs...

Army CoE is taking over, expect many changes as new regulations are most likley in the pipe line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.