NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh wise Buddhalberto,
Can you briefly go over the COLORS of artificial lures. A lot of the books and postings say match the hatch but how come you have poppers, swimmers, darters etc in some pretty outrageous colors like parrot, bright yellow and pink.

Thanks
Space...

P.S I answered you questions in the rubber theories post and never got a reply. Have I done something to offend wise buddhalberto? :)

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Space wrote:
Oh wise Buddhalberto,
Can you briefly go over the COLORS of artificial lures. A lot of the books and postings say match the hatch but how come you have poppers, swimmers, darters etc in some pretty outrageous colors like parrot, bright yellow and pink. ….

P.S I answered you questions in the rubber theories post and never got a reply. Have I done something to offend wise buddhalberto?

Hi Space,
Oooops… I've overlooked your rubber theories post!

To answer your question… Yes, there is a theory to this color madness… :)
It's always good to start with matching the hatch… but at times and certain areas…. The bass are accustomed to the standard lures and it takes something different to get their attention.

For example, if the water is too murky or dirty…. I generally have better results with bright colors (better visibility)!
The past few years… the parrot color also out performed the natural colors….and when I played around with gory colors like bright yellow and pink… I was pleasantly surprised how well it worked also…

Bottom line is… It helps to experiment around…try different patterns, colors, size…because that's what it might take to get those finicky fish to strike. ;)

Now… speaking of colors… What would you use during a new moon phase? And why?

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New Moon is no moon, so i would think that dark colors would prevail b/c anything shiny or colorful will not look natural? But then that doesnt explain why tins work at night.

Pls give me a little nudge in the right direction oh wise buddhalberto

Space

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.