NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Drain plug

Shoulden't be a problem, look in a marine supply store (or good hardware store) They should have thru hull fittings with a drain plug. Just drill the appropriate hole and hook it up. Just remember to caulk it up good. I had the same problem with my 12' aluminum. A added a clamshell (marine supply) in front of it so I could drain the boat while running(must be going at a decent speed-not rowing or elec. motors-just outboards)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drain Plug

Thanks Hipshot, But I'm worried about the plastic cracking. I heard at one time, that If you get a hole or a crack in the hull to discard the boat. I have installed many fittings in fibreglass boats but never in a plastic one.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Crawdad drain plug

I'm talking about a 1' diameter hole (app). The material you have in that boat is tough (I have a Coleman canoe and a scanoe) Coleman drills a lot of holes in the boat when they manuf. it. It shoulden't be a problem!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.