NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone else out there who is as bummed out as I am with the wind lately? I had my Helen-H trip cancelled today due to the weather. Oh well, I guess no trip is better than getting pounded for 14 hours. I usually head to Hyannis 5 or 6 times per year looking for that elusive 50lb cod. My best is 36lbs (on a pink Mr. Twister jelly worm) so far with many fish in the twenties. Has anyone used Izorline mono? I've heard good things about it but I haven't seen it in stores yet. I need to stick to mono when cod jigging because I use a custom built 100% graphite lamiglas cod stick which doesn't fit well with braided line. That's the trade off with using this type of blank. Any cod guys catch any lately? Let's hear it.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Hi,

Izorline is 100% spectra fibers like most of the other superlines. I got a sample and found it to be soft and limp which may be ok for some applications. I prefer Powerpro since it has a coating which holds the fibers together and telegraphs the bites real well.

Why can't you use the costom rod for braided? Just use a shock leader on the end (mono) and set your drag more light. It should work real well. Also if you get snagged, grab the line with a wood dowel and don't pull on the rod to break free.

Capt. Marc

·
Registered
53 Posts
I booked a trip for last sunday on the b-fast and if got canceled because of the wind. whats killing me most is that I spent a lot of money on a custom cod jigging rod and I haven't even had a chance to use it yet!!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Reef man,

Don't worry, the cod fishing season is just starting up in new england and you will have pleanty of time to put a bend in your rod. Just book a trip before May 1 or your going to be subjected to tough new limits. See my post on the boating angler.

Capt. Marc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.