NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I fished the Skip A Dory last year

Captain Chuck is a very good guy and knows where the fish are. He also gave us a heads up the night before that the weather was supposed to turn nasty the afternoon of our trip and bumped up our departure to 3:00 am to make sure we had plenty of time to fish. We all limited out on cod and had some nice pollock, haddock and one wolfie. It was a great time!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
MakoMike wrote:
GloucesterToo wrote:
Dave Waltrip on the Relentless is another good option

Yes he is, but he's not out of Boston.

Neither is DePersia - who was on his original list

The dude's coming from Brooklyn - Marshfield is Boston as far as he's concerned :)

Don't you have a tax return to do or something instead of picking on my geography skillz ;)

This post edited by GloucesterToo 10:04 AM 02/01/2008

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your replies. Just one more question please. do you know what the current rates are for a 6 man charter. One of the boats quoted us $1500 ($250 - a man) and the other $1200 ($200 - a man) and I thought the difference was too great to ignore ?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Capt Dave on the Rentless is top notch. This year will be our second charter with the Dave and he also does shared charters. We stay at the governor bradford in Plymouth which is about 20 minutes from Green Harbor where he docks. Great food and drinks within walking distance - and reasonably priced.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Regarding the rates

I would call the captain on it. ie why should we pay an extra $50 a man to fish with you? Are you going further offshore? Does it include something the other boat doesn't? etc.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!

I will do just that. I belive the Big Fish III will have a mate on board to fillet fish, shuck clams and the other won't. Either way.. I will confirm.

Thanks for everyone's replys.
TT

·
Registered
35 Posts
boston charter

I have done a few cod charters with both operations you mentioned if you want more info pm me as i cannot post an honest opinion here as somebody would try to tear me down for it. By the way I have 2 T trips booked with Capt Chuck Of SKIP A DORY CHARTERS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.