NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 6 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
In Smithtown waters, to use those tongs, you would need a commercial clamming permit from the town and the state. Any rake or tong with 16 or more teeth or a length greater than six feet is considered a commercial device in the town of Smithtown (also by the state). Use them and you'll get the tongs confiscated and a ticket to boot! Leave the mussel beds alone, hand pick bank mussels from the marshes. You are allowed a 1/2 bushel as a Smithtown resident without commercial permits. Good luck with the chum collection.
1 - 1 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.