NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to use clam bellies with whole skimmer clams without much success. On Sunday, 12/2/01 I anchored about 150 to 200 yards east of the Robert Moses Bridge around 3 hours after slack tide. The water was moving at a moderate pace. I used a chum pot filled with bellies and squeezed the other bellied into the slick at a constant pace. I floated one belly and weighted another into the drift. Out efforts produced one short bass and two skates. I have been killing the bass on eels but now they are not available. I want to continue for bass but it seems bellies are the only way to go. Any advice? What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
282 Posts
try beckman'c tackle in lybrook on sunrise highway its a great shop and should have eels now
also in merrick my son picked up eels for us on sun 12/3 although i don't know the name of the shop but i beleive there are still eels around for sale

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I hope I can still get eels because they are deadly. However, if I am unable to get eels, I want to slam them on clam bellies. What's the best way to fish with bellies? Am I fishing them correctly?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.