NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find Circle hooks that are not offset? I can't find them anywhere. I know they make them, but I've looked at every tackle shop near me, and also in every catalog that I have. Whenever I ask a tackle shop about them, they look at me like I'm stupid, and say that they don't make them without the offset.
What I'm talking about is this: if you hold the hook vertically, and it is facing you, the point of the hook is in line with the shank. All circle hooks that I have been able to find have an offset point to them.
I'm looking for a non-offset hook, because this type of hook cuts down on gut hooking fish even more than a regular circle hook.
I'm not positive, but I've heard that Eagle Claw makes this type of hook. I was told that it is red in color, but I don't recall the name of the model. But, I still have not even been able to locate this hook.
Thanks for any help.
~tight lines~

~spinfreak~

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I picked up a pack for bass fishing at either Garan's on Sunrise Hway Merrick or Sea Isle on Guy Lombardo in Freeport. Can't remember which.

Bill Sullivan
Jones/Debs editor
Nor'east Saltwater

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeez Bill....what good does that do me? First of all, i'm in Jersey, second of all, you don't even remeber where you got them!!! LOL just kidding.
Thanks Jackfish. I requested a catalog from terminal tackle. Hopefully they'll have what I'm looking for.
~tight lines~

~spinfreak~

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Sand,

If you can bend a Gamakatsu hook with just hand pliers, I'd hate to run into you on a dark street! ;)

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with Jaiem....lol. I tried straightening one of my hooks out, but it just doesn't work right. I couldn't bend it straight enough. And, YES, it actually was a Gamakatsu....lol.

~spinfreak~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.