NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...

how effective do you think it is to chum for blues,stripers, sharks and flounder in the surf. My main concern is the under current ruining the slick... For shark I will be using cows blood that I picked up from a slaughter house and ground up herring for the blues and stripers..... Anyone have any luck chumming in the surf.

Surfsup

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Over the years I've read an article here and there about chumming from the surf but never actually saw anyone do it. Not sure how wellit would work on an open beach. You would need a strong current to bring the chum out past the breakers. And frankly, I don't want to be the one chumming for a whole beach of casters.

If you're fishing the outflow of a creek or narrow tidal river you can try some chumming there. I think that could be more effective.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
When you pour out the cow's blood, let us know. Wouldn't want to be swimming or surfing when thats being done. Florida just passed a bill which prevents the "hand feeding" of aquatic species. Seems like they want to try to prevent some of the bull shark attacks which occured last year. Should you want to try this, I reccomend evenings with an offshore wind so that the chum flows offshore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.