NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I hate the attitudes of many shops/mechanics nowadays. If it takes a bit more time to go through an out of production motor maybe have to special order parts they wont do it. Ive got a Cobra drive on my boat and I get the same BS all the time. What afraid of a little challenge?
Ive got a Chrysler outboard shop manual somewhere for an 85 I had years ago { I think it covers 55's too} , if I can look anything up for him maybe scan and attach, let me know.
Alan

This message was edited by Scalawag on 10-19-01 @ 2:49 PM

·
Registered
404 Posts
in the 60's & 70's in bay shore there was a chrysler outboard dealer/mechanic named Al Blair.
he was one of the most competent & honest mechanics you could ever hope to meet. many a time he would drop everything or work way overtime to get struggling baymen back out on the water. then he would tell them to pay him when they could get it together. i think he is deceased.
i know this doesn't help get your motor fixed, but it's something i had to say.

set,
opinari

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
In the 1970's there was a place in Island Park named "Toms Areo marine" They sold Chryslers and Columbian boats which is the rig my dad had. Tom would bend over backwards to help his customers and was a good Chrysler mechanic. I know the place is still there but with different owners I think. Alan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the input Scalawag.i'll have my friend check into island park. his engine is basically running like crap for the first few minutes after startup,sort of like a car on a cold winter morning. he also has a problem with the tilt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.