NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Nice bit of research loligo - kudos! Quite a presentation...and not at all surprising, knowing what many of us know about CCA's agenda in N.Y....uncanny similarities to what has happend in the Gulf! When you couple this info with Nils' research concerning the funding sources of the Pew Foundation and how those financial tentacles reach into certain groups that supposedly represent the interests of the recreational community, the conclusions become even more inescapable.

I hope this little video makes its way around the tri-state area...I suspect it will cause quite a stir. I will be sending the link to everyone I know.

Thanks for that!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
well done! CCA's agenda has been deceptive to say the least,acting like treehuggers and taking $$$$ from anyone and everyone. But we need to access our own oil don't you think? Energy independance anyone?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Another thing to keep in mind ref EXXON

There's still a multi-billion dollar settlement under appeal (punitive, I think) from the EXXON Valdez disaster, and even members of the judiciary - if they aren't "in the know" - are at least indirectly influenced by the mass media and public sentiment. If a couple of hundred million Big Oil bucks are spent demonizing fishermen, and that has any influence on the judges ("Why should we reward those guys? Look at the crappy job they've done as stewards of the fisheries resources that they claim to protect."), then it's money well spent.

Ref EXXON's/Fondren's role in the CCA and the CCA's role in screwing fishermen, Wetland Riders by Bob Fritchey is a must read as well.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
NilsS wrote:
There's still a multi-billion dollar settlement under appeal (punitive, I think) from the EXXON Valdez disaster, and even members of the judiciary - if they aren't "in the know" - are at least indirectly influenced by the mass media and public sentiment. If a couple of hundred million Big Oil bucks are spent demonizing fishermen, and that has any influence on the judges ("Why should we reward those guys? Look at the crappy job they've done as stewards of the fisheries resources that they claim to protect."), then it's money well spent.

Its amazing that after all these years, the Exxon Valdez issue is not settled. How many fishermen has that oil spill put out of business? A lot, I'm sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.