NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a SMALL center console with a porta potti inside ? I am talking about 20 feet and LESS. I have been researching this year's new boats and noticed that this little added "accessory" has become a fairly popular item for at least half a dozen manufacturers. and yes, I am serious about wanting your experience and your opinions. Baby boomers and their better halves can't always just use the good old spackle pail in Jones Inlet ! (and most of all, forget about mixed company, lol.) Although my better half and I barely exceed 260 lbs put together, I just wondered if this is just a waste of space and money in a smaller CC or if they are more than just a selling point but in fact are useable.

·
Registered
27,361 Posts
I have one in my 20'CC and my wife and daughter used it the first year we had the boat. Lately they use a hand-held container (THEIR CHOICE!) while inside the CC. Easier than sitting down on the porta-potti I guess.

Biggest thing is to make sure the console is large enough to turn in, whether you use a porta-potti or not.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Here's my 2 cents. I have a 21' CC w/o a porta potty (it wasn't an option). 95% of the time I fish with my buddies but during the 5% of the time that my wife is aboard I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wish I had an enclosed head. The problem on a boat of this size is that space is at a premium and you'll have to give up something (usually storage) for an enclosed head. My advice? If you plan on spending alot of time on the water w/ your better half get an enclosed head. Better yet, see if you can talk her into buying slightly a larger boat. Use the "Honey, if we buy a larger boat you can have your own bathroom" line and you can have the best of both worlds. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
933 Posts
My 21' boston whaler has a porta potti in the cc, It does not get much use but the few times it does Im very happy to have it. It has a pumpout also but I just usually take it out and dump it in the toilet it is easier. My wife uses it whenever she is on the boat. I would say I am glad to have it but it does take up alot of space. If you can talk her into a slightly larger boat that has a vacuflush head it is much more comfortable.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I moved up to a 23' walkaround - and a nice head was one of the reasons. It isn't used often, but when it is needed, it is SAFE and comfortable - a lot of room.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
pequa1 wrote:
Anyone with an under 20' ? They are out there...
Consoles are a little small to attempt to sit inside. You might end up using one of these. Take it out when needed. If you have the family out, leave it between the console and the seat. Everyone has a bucket on the boat, adding the seat makes it a little more comfy.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.