NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,215 Posts
I used to fish Caumset State Park around 10 years ago. Permits to be able drive the dirt road & park at the end were issued limited in number. It was the best surf fishing I have ever experienced. The Bluefish & Stripped Bass would jump out of the water right in front of me.

· Registered
11,588 Posts
It was a good to great spring spot. I used to work in the area and would put in 6 hours at least a night often 5 or 6 days a week. It was the kind of place that you had to be there when the fish came in. If you waited to read about it they were probably gone by then.

I've been told it's a "secret" hot fall spot too but haven't been able to confirm it personally.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

· Registered
83 Posts
Does anyone have first hand (current) knowledge of any permits that are required to fish there at night? I did not get a clear answer when calling up there, or the State admin. office.

Are there any other access spots to the surf up in that area, since I work off of Route 110?

Thanks in advance.

"A bad day of fishing beats......."

· Registered
94 Posts
If you don't have a permit, you can get a day pass to drive to the fishing beach on weekdays only. Because Monday's a holiday and a weekday, I plan to be there myself. I fished here a lot in June-July, sometimes at night and had no luck. I've been told that it was a great spot a few years ago for weakfish as well stripers and blues, but for some reason, has cooled off. I'm hoping the upcoming cooler weather will change things for the better beacause I really lilke to fish there.

· Banned
3,311 Posts
Mark your calendar for the week of Halloween, right around the time we set the clocks back. Visit the park on a falling tide about an hour before sunset. The action peaks two weeks later and lasts until the striper season closes if the weather doesn't cool down too quickly.

You will not be disappointed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.