Grey Wood Font Twig Electric blue
New York > Fire Island > Captree
Fishing method
Boat

Fished this afternoon of the Laura Lee out of Captree. Originally the boat was going out for Blackfish and Seabass but the winds were blowing hard from the SW so Capt. Kenny decided to make it a flouder trip instead. He mentioned this before we left the dock so that the customers could decide to stay or leave, which I thought was the right thing to do. All decided to stay. It started out slow but picked up a little as the tide began to move. Flounder fishing has not been all that great for many years, with the exception of a few areas, so I was pretty happy to catch 3 keeper flounder. Almost everyone on the boat caught at least one. It didn't seem to matter what bait was used. All 3 fish were caught on different baits.(Sand worm, Blood worm, and red dye clam strip) The flounder were all in the 1-2# range. Everyone on the boat was friendly and the mate was really on the ball. The captain tried his best to get us over the fish. I recommend this boat highly and the price is also very reasonable.

BEB

<like href="http://www.noreast.com/postedreports/view.cfm?id=41796" send="false" show_faces="false" width='layout="button_count"'></like>

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.