NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have info on camper rentals for So. Shore State Parks. I would like to have a camper towed to a Site & set up --LONG TERM -& drive to it with A 4x4 & walk to surf to fish.Just for Two People.Any info about PERMITS & TIME allowed & price of a camper (for 2 ) --Thanks in Advance------

~~~~~<*)))< FRANK

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's so outragous about a camper on the beach ?? I know that this service is available on the NOTH SHORE. I know that you can rent campers. I know that they tow them
to where-ever---so why the scaracasim ?? I thought this would be a good place to ask---being fellow fisherman & and all. I'm not looking for something that I'm not going to PAY for (big $$ I presume)
If I wasn't 73 yrs. old I would buy one & tow & set it up myself. But thanks any way. also A bucket would do just fine---either that or YOUR HAT !!

~~~~~<*)))< FRANK

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hook
My wife`s girlfriend did just what you want @ Hither Hills last summer. I have been thinking of doing it myself. I believe she paid $700 for a week. I will try to get the info for you (and me).

Good fishing Wackey

·
Registered
343 Posts
HD,
The only retailer I know and they(Bob and Jerry) are great guys, who do anything like this is Journeytime trailers in Selden. I think you are limited to Hither Hills, and getting a reservation there this late in the season is like winning lotto. I pull my trailer on the beach all summer. How much you willing to spend?
Shag:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had no idea it would be so expensive (at least for me) I guess the best thing to do is pick up a used camper & tow it myself.And if, like you said getting a spot is nil --I might as wait till early nent year.I thought I had a good idea---but so did every body else. Thanks for the help .

~~~~~<*)))< FRANK

·
Registered
343 Posts
HD
If you buy a camper, make sure it is completely self contained. That means holding tanks with circulating water, no popups with porta pottis. A descent used trailer that can handle the beach will cost you 10 grand, don't spend less its not worth it a your vacation time will turn into handyman time. As far as expensive goes, I've seen it getting pretty crazy out here on the beach. Fifth wheels are becoming the norm some are topping $120,000 when you add in the tow vehicle you need to pull it. Alot of money for an investment that just depreciates.
Still, "Lifes a Beach"
Shag;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
HD
If you buy a camper, make sure it is completely self contained. That means holding tanks with circulating water, no popups with porta pottis. A descent used trailer that can handle the beach will cost you 10 grand, don't spend less its not worth it a your vacation time will turn into handyman time. As far as expensive goes, I've seen it getting pretty crazy out here on the beach. Fifth wheels are becoming the norm some are topping $120,000 when you add in the tow vehicle you need to pull it. Alot of money for an investment that just depreciates.
Still, "Lifes a Beach"
Shag;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hook Man For a gentleman your age a good idea would be a trukcamper there is no real setting up it will get you on the beach and they are comfortable, economic and they are no where near big money and you can find real good used one .They are great for 2 people.And you can have another vehicle to use look into that it might be your answer.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I agree with the above advise.The trailer limits you greatly in available sites,unless you find someone who is willing to give up some time for you to rent.Maybe an ad in LIBBA newsletter.Another route is a small 4wd motor home .Although expensive

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.