NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
Winter is almost here and I am just wondering...

How many of you out there are still fishing?
If you are?what are you targeting?

And how many of you already called it quit?
If you did,?WHY?

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
After this coming weekend's trip on the Bandit, I am going to make one offshore seabass trip on the Jamaica and that'll be it until the spring. After this past spring's "fantastic" flounder fishing, I am probably going to wait until late April or May before I wet a line again (if cabin fever doesn't dictate otherwise).

Gamakatsu

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sandwormer wrote:
I'll be at the point this weekend, I'm still not done yet. Nice article in the paper today crazy.

Thank you and I am glad you enjoyed it! Wait until you see what?s coming up for the winter. ;)

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Spent the last few days off Montauk. Water Temp is 53*. Sun and fish. Only problem is getting live bait. No eels, hard to get herring, and almost no bunker around. Fish are on the bottom. Scope looks like it does in September, many fish.

Alberto, looks like season will go untill January. Looks like the boat is staying in untill....

Nice season, April to January. Only 3 months of no fishing on my boat. I do fish the King Wayne for some cod, I hope he got his heater this summer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks like santa will be surfcasting this year when he hits L.I.! No signs of slowing down yet Crazy,plenty of bass around the past few nights,and looks like theres many more headed this way! Unbelievable december action!
Ussually hitting up tidal trout this time of year,havent broke out the 6 wt. since spring.
L.I.P.A.?? HAA! Not yet..go get em!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm fishing this weekend and as many days as I can next week. I lose a couple of weeks of fishing time during the fall turkey & deer seasons. The warm weather this fall had me wishing I was on a boat quite a few times. I try to keep going as long as I can find local boats to go on (L.I.). Has anybody fished on the King Wayne out of Montauk on his open trips? I would like to try him any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Lou

fishon

·
Registered
190 Posts
CA,

Over,NO WAY, I just broke in a GSB 132 1m, although I am not doing the usual x times a week, I am enjoying some fun fishing. I just have to leave room for Christmas shopping, its SO convenient having Roosevelt field right in the middle of my fishing travels.
Mike

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys,

You are so right, the way the season is going? it looks like we are going to be fishing non-stop.
RickG? Thanks for the report! I will be right behind ya.

Rooster? You may want to do the Montauk plugging thing because there?s still a good bite going on!

Wavebeater? I know you too well and I know what you mean. Just pace yourself and relax.

Lou? Turkey and Deer hunting eh? Sorry, the only thing I can relate to is feathers and bucktails.
As for the King Wayne boat. I?ve fished it on several occasion and caught a few? but this time of the year, you have to keep an eye on the weather because it can really get nasty out there.

Mike Lang? Whatever you do pal, just don?t forget the X Christmas shopping and the brownie points. ;)

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
43 Posts
I fished yesterday after noon. I sweared I would not tell were but I caught a 27" and dropped a bigger one on a storm popper. I also had two other fish jump out of the water and missed my plug. My other friend scored with four bass I'm not sure if any where keepers. Didn't really care. Peanut bunker were jumping all over the place but were on the other side of creek out of casting range. So that tells you that there still out there and when the bite dies off, I'll be hiking to the outflow.

·
Registered
457 Posts
CA-

My totals for thurs, fri & sat (3 short trips) - 37 bass (about 12 between 28 & 37-inches) & 1 bluefish. I'm having a blast. Why would I possibly stop now???? I think I'm getting stripes on my sides....

·
Registered
457 Posts
Another quick outing - 2.75 hours - 16 bass & another beautiful day on the water. I heard Gateway will close the boat ramp in Great Kills Harbor any day. If they do that, I'm not sure how I'll get my boat out of the water for the winter. I'm scrambling to find another way out. Lemon Creek used to have a ramp when I was a kid. I'm going to check it out tomorrow.

Stephen Byrne
NY Bight Editor
Nor'east Saltwater

·
Registered
457 Posts
14 bass in 1.5 hours today! Including a first for me - stripers on the fly. My first one was 28-inches & fat -- lots of fun. I'll be back for more tomorrow.

Checked out the other ramp -- looks like I may be in until Christmas!

·
Registered
778 Posts
lets seeee...... lots of blackfish up to 12 pounds ! and an end-less supply of bass...i guess i will quit when mt boat gets iced in !

tight lines...Anthony

This message was edited by bhm25 on 12-12-01 @ 7:18 PM

·
Registered
498 Posts
Real men fish from the shore, if you boat guys wanna brag about endless supply of bass or 14 bass in 1.5hr then do it in the boat forum(I may be out of line here but I hate to read reports like that only to find they are fishing from a boat)

I am not done yet, I'll keep going as long as there are fish around , how can I stop with this ENDLESS supply of bass!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.