NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to Cabo in Mid February. From your experience, what species should i target this time of year? I want to take a panga for a day and a charter for 2. I am interested in knowing what tpye of spin fishing lures I should bring. More importantly, will a Quantum Cabo and vs 150 be sufficient with a 7' 'er. Any other advice is welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
617 Posts
Never fished there in Feb or March but I would suspect you would still have a pretty good striped marlin bite. I think inshore the bigger roosters show up towards the spring.

As for b&t there is one in town called Minervas. I am not sure if they sell bait but have plenty of tackle. You can go to any local fish market and get some squid for bait.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I go there often in Feb-Mar. Lures don't work that well down there. If you go offshore for marlin, make sure you pick up live bait before you leave the harbour. If you fish from a panga, again get live bait. The 3-4 inch anchovies fished on the bottom get eaten immediately by something. Just hook them through both eyes and set the hook as soon as they get hit, which should take about three seconds tops.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What outfit are you using on the pangas? Rod/reel, line, leader hook etc. Are these guys outfitted well, or should i be very prepared. I can spare clothes for tackle.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Seasand....

I am going to be down there from the 11th to the 21st of february.. you going to be down at that time? i am booking two trips on a 31 bertram thru pisces and then i think one panga day and it is just me on my honeymoon so do not think she is going to fish. let me know

Vinnie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.