NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Baja is great place to fish!

Cabo is good, lots of good fishing and night life. If you want to concentrate on mainly the fishing I suggest going about 75 miles North to the East Cape area. We stayed/fished at the Playa del Sol in Los Barillios and had a great time! CLick Here for our article about the trip.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ralph,
Fished there two years ago a great place. It all depends how much you want to spend. The Picante fleet is the top of the line, $800 and up the Solomar fleet 29' to 34' Bertrams $350 and up. If you are a daring soul you can fish on the pangas and super pangas 19' to 25' open boats. If you fish the pangas watch the weather close the water can get nasty. I fished in the middle of Feb. we had yellow fin, dorado(dolphin), roster fish and striped marlin. The marina is in the middle of town and is very large. There are alot of hotels that run fishing deals or you can make your own deals at the marina just be sure what you are getting. All in all I really enjoyed my stay there. The food is good in most of the resturants. But you have to try The Old Trailor Park its a fun night out.
Have Fun,
Lou
PS Let us know how you made out.

fishon

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I'm planning to go the last
week of March. I hear that is not peak fishing
season, but it is the only week I can go. I just
hope the fishing is decent, I really don't know
what to expect.

Also, I was planning to stay at one of the
hotels at the marina, either Plaza las Glorias or
Marina Fiesta. Are you familiar with this area,
and do you think it is a wise choice? I plan to
charter 4 out of the 7 days I will be down there.
The other three days I guess I'll check out the
town and maybe some of the nightlife. Do you
think it is worth bringing a spinning rod and some
plugs whil I am down there?

I apologize for asking so many questions. I don't
get to make too many long distance fishing trips.
Anyone who has made the trip, your input will
greatly be appreciated.

Tigh Lines and Happy Holidays

·
Registered
28 Posts
Both hotels are right at the marina a great place to stay. Alot of great places to eat in walking distance and you are close to all the night life. The surf there has a very strong undertow most of the time the danger flags are up on the beach so I would rule out surf fishing. Since you are staying at the marina you could probably find someone to split the charters so you could step up the quality of the boat you fish on. Lou

fishon

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lou,

Thanks for your advice. I'm going down with at least 1 friend, so I will be able to split the charter's fee. Now the only thing I have to figure is wether or not to pre-book the charters or wait till I'm down there. I'll probably pre-book 2, and book the other 2 down there.

Also I need to decide wether to go "all-inclusive" (meals and drinks) at the hotel or not. I don't expect to be at the hotel much, so I am thinking I may be better off going without the "all inclusive" deal. Is it difficult to find food stores down there and is it expensive to buy?

Ralph

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
If you're staying in Cabo you probably would want to eat out. Many great places to eat there, all easy walking distance from the marina area. If you were going up to the East Cape or other areas the meal plan is probably best.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ralph,
Some of the hotels have packages room and fishing. I know Solomar hotel is one, look in back of one of the offshore fishing mags they usually have ads. Food in town is plentiful. There Subway hero shops if you want food for fishing. Any thing else I can help with just ask.
Lou

fishon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.