NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This winter is certainly a loo-loo. The snow I delt with, and even managed a few tog trips between storms. Now, the boat is pulled, this chill is a bit much, not to mention the howling wind.

Does this internet crap help or merely exacerbate the situation ? I'm freakin' bored, and need a fix bad. HELP!!!

· Registered
2,086 Posts
Sega Marine Fishing

Get yourself a Sega Dreamcast (they don't make them anymore, and nobody bought them when they did, so I think they're pretty cheap). Buy Sega Marine Fishing - it's great, marlin, tuna, tarpon, sharks, cuda, aj's. Get the fishing reel controller. Park youself on the couch & don't get up till spring.

· Registered
3,953 Posts
Got 1 good thing for ya

well Paul the winter bash has been timed perfectly. I am bored out of my mind with out fishing and just hanging around a bunch of guys and shooting the bull will help me:). also the make ready has me busy as all ****. got to run to the NC show to pick up free trip tickets for the raffles maybe i'll see you there its a night out:)

· Registered
165 Posts
I just got back from my week in the keys, and I'm already driving my wife crazy by visiting this kick-ass website and frequenting my local west marine and tackle stores.One way to cure the cabin fever is to tape those "Fish On" fishing shows,the one with the 3 Hot chicks,that sure helps.

· Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
anyone know of any good fishing games for x-box ?

definately looking forward to the bash.

i hear my phone ringing, sounds like some of my customers in south FLA might be looking for me......

· Registered
673 Posts
Geez.....I just got done reading this thread and.......

You guys have got to be kidding! I know some of you MUST be..... I love fishing just as much as anyone of youz, but wow, If you can't find something to enjoy in between seasons, that's a real shame. I think fishing is the spice of life, not life itself. You make it sound like an addiction!

GET A LIFE!!!!

· Premium Member
10,097 Posts
Paul - don't you swing wrenches on that boat of yours?

That's my therapy - repairs and upgrades under the shrink-wrap.

Put a nice electric oil-radiator-type heater in there and get to it.

Generally I can get it all done by April 1, if it ain't too cold (like the past week) and there's not too much to do.

But that's the best way to spend a winter weekend I know of.

The alternative of sashaying my wife in and out of malls for endless bouts of window shopping is just too terrible to contemplate.

I'll trade some knuckle skin for some peace and sanity any day.

rgds, Leprechaun

· Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pete - i run an outboard, which is in the shop as we speak for routine maintenance. nothing to do their. i have a bow pulpit with dual anchor launchers in progress, i'll be pre rigging, but will have to wait until spring to install the whole mess (my boat is in storage this year, next year i'll stay all year). my tackle's in pretty good shape. my house is another story, that's being addressed. I'll be building some tackle and rod storage stuff. I'm busy, just miss the fish and the salt...

· Registered
56 Posts
go to Kmart, get a Mickey Mouse outfit and a small marabou jig(windows don't like bigger than 1/16th oz.), cut the hook at the bend, and torment the **** outa the cats! P.S., this is also good on the kids if you substitute a lollipop for said jig.

· Registered
261 Posts
Hunting and Fishing Movies

My son and I watch hunting and fishing movies during the off season when we have some time. My son started this collection a few years ago. We also go through and organize tackle, do maintenance to gear, go to shows, etc. Looking forward to the bash.

Attachments

· Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jklett - That's funny. I learned to flycast in our driveway and backyard in Woodhaven, Queens. A cat used to dart out from behind the picket fence in the yard and run with the flyline in it's teeth, taking line off the reel !! I haven't touched a flyrod in the last 25 years, but you brought back a great memory !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.