NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I just purchased the 204 center console over the winter. I have been using it for close to three months now and I have no major complaints. Minors = no mid-ship cleat, could use a little more foam on the inside, maybe a few others but as I said they are minor.

Are you purchasing a Center Console or a Cuddy Cabin?

Overall I believe it is a good value for the money I spent and for my position in life thus far...(27 years old, tuition bills, rent, etc.)

Good Luck

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input somoan. I am looking at a center console, 22 foot
with a 200 hp motor. would appreciate if you could also give some input on how it handles. I will also be going for a test run, but would appreciate all input i can get. Once again thanks for ur input.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Polodog,

I believe that it would be able to handle anything the Great South Bay can hand out. I may get wet at times (driving into the chop with a driving wind), but we purchased a center console...we expect to get wet! It won't be so bad once the summer arrives.

Like I said, my boat seems to be a little "light" with the foam, to this end in some really rough chop it may seem to pound. But I don't think it is more so than any other boat, it may just be louder b/c of the foam. My boat was a 2001 left-over, but from my inspection of other Anglers the foam situation seemed to be considerably better.

Also I believe b/c of this situation when I am on extended runs my feet seem to get a little numb or ache from vibration. Do not get me wrong, the boat does not shake! But I believe due to the drivers tough strong stance this becomes an issue. All my guests think I am crazy. I was thinking of investing in one of those "foot cush" objects advertised in the back of most boating mags.

Other than that it handles great! Some more minors... no gasket under the casting platform to keep fiberglass from hitting fiberglass (I all ready have a crack down the casting deck and Angler is replacing it) I will put in my own gasket, No latch system for the casting deck... sometimes the deck will fly up as you launch of a wave, wake, etc. and of course crash down. I will also add a latch.

If you need further assitance either place a message here or contact me directly ([email protected]). Are you purchasing the boat from Great Bay Marine in Islip? Timmy is a great guy and is well like by many people. If you are tell him Brian G. from Babylon says hello!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Check out Cobia Boats

They make great center consoles for a great price.....I just got rid of a 17'cc and bought a 221 Bay Boat with a 225 4 stroke yamaha. I highly recommend checking them out. You could very well save yourself some money better spent on fuel. It is definitely an overlooked brand that puts out an excellent product.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
No doubt about it, Cobia is an overlooked good reputation boat. I don't know much about their pricing but I am sure it is competitive. As far as the four stroke...Yamahas are one of the best, but you will probably add about 2-4 grand on the front end price so you will not really see the savings until the about the second season. Oil is a consideration also b/c it is more like a car (ie: every so many hours you need to change the oil whereas a 2-stroke you just dump it in all the time).

It sounds as if polodog has done some shopping and is close to a purchase, nobody would or at least should purchase the first boat they looked at. But if polodog is looking for other boats other than the Angler and in the same price range than SeaHunt, KeyWest (I think that is a name of a company) and others are worth checking out.

Boston Whalers, Grady's, Mako's etc. are by far some of the absolute best boats you can purchase. I of course am biased towards the Grady b/c I have been raised on them since I was able to swim. These boats however require about an extra 6-10 grand from the getgo.

Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.