NorEast Fishing Forum banner

Building a new Downeast design

175K views 582 replies 75 participants last post by  oneblitzen 
#1 ·
OK it is official the first Flowers Boatworks 36 designed by Spencer Lincoln is out of the mold. It took a little while to get the mold done but Ken and his crew have been working very hard all winter and got it done. Here are a few shots of the boat as it rolled out of the shed moving into the shop. I will have more pictures in the next few weeks when I go up to see my C9 in the boat.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Hey One,
CONGRATS........
Hull looks great.... (lets work on the camera.... LOL)
Looking forward to seeing her come together...

If you come to Maine this summer to see her, stop into So. Portland and I will get you out fishing for a day... (cant have you sitting out...)

#9 ·
Hey CM thanks. The first few pictures are digital pictures the ones they sent me. The day I was there it was late once it came out of the mold and they decided it would be best to move it out of the shed the next day, so I didn't get any good shots with my digital.
I would really like to take you up on your offer, as I would love to see that green stick in action.
Thanks again.

#10 ·
Is that a clipper bow?

Your top photo of the port side. It appears that your boat has a clipper bow. I really like it. Very Salty and unique!

Clippers make excellent diplacement speed.

The wave of the future.

Power it with Bio-Diesil-Electric motors

Now thats Inovative

Add one of these to finish it off Bristol!

Attachments

#17 ·
Shaft seals

Guys I was looking for some feedback on your thoughts about using a shaft seal like PSS or Duramax over a regular stuffing box with drip less shaft packing. I know the pros and cons of both but wanted to hear your thoughts and maybe good and bad experiences. Anyone?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.