NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new rod to use with my new Tica Gemini reel (a Calcutta 700 knock-off) to use for 20-25# line and live bait. I'm leaning towards the Seeker CJB70F.

I plan to use it for stripers and blues at home and for dorado, roosters, small tuna in Mexico.

Here's the question: I know I can build a nice custom rod for myself. I've built quite a few others. But I'm running out of time between work and other projects. I'm thinking of buying a factory seeker rod and am wondering if Seeker quality is acceptable given the application. I know a custom stick will be "better", but how is Seeker quality compared to say, Penn, Ugly Stick, Shimano, Daiwa, Loomis, etc. factory rods?

Any thoughts? Thanks for your ideas.

Art

·
Registered
248 Posts
I sell seeker at the shop I work at and can say that IMHO they are some of the highest quality production rods available. Many of my friends use them for just about anyhting that you can think of so while I don't have experience with them all the other myself I would highly reccomend them over the other brands.

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
bajawishin,

Hi,

I build on Seeker Blanks.

When people ask what fdactory rods i would buy, Seeker is one of the brands. I think they build a very nice factory rod.

If you had more time I would say build youself the new custom on a Seeker CBW 658 or CSW 658 (same blank). I have had customers accidentally catch 100 # mako and tuna on customs I made them. It also works great ocean reefing and also blacks, blues and bass.

Fencer04,

Can you drop me an email?

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much for your opinions. It's just what I was looking for.

I'm new to this board and I have to say that I find it very high quality. I appreciate it.

Art

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.