NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for surf fishing locations in Brooklyn and/or queens. I'm also interested in some inshore spots where I can toss a fly.

Does anyone fish the Coney Island Surf?

I've been fishing Jones Beach my whole life, usually the inlet or west end beaches. The drive from brooklyn, especially with the current traffic situation, makes me crazy. I don't see any reason to spend two hours in the car if I don't have to.

If any has any good tips on accessible locations in Brooklyn or Queens. I'd like to avoid the hassle of getting a fishing permit.

Thanks in advance.

Seth Spielman

This message was edited by Ifitswims on 10-8-01 @ 3:23 PM

·
Registered
94 Posts
You can try Little Neck Bay. I've been here a few times this year and have parked at Crocheron Park. Once you cros the pedestrian over-pass, walk to the right and look for a sandy spot. Be careful to avoid the soft mud. I have not caught any myself, but I have seen other surf guys, and boats catching blues here. As the weather cools, I suspect this could be a good bass spot. I live live in Long Island City, and have found that I'm willing (so far) to make the drive to fish Cedar Beach and the Nissequogue, not only because the fishing is better, but also for the quiet and the scenery. I'm sure there are great spots in around NYC, like Astoria Park, but they're surrounded by highways and the sounds of the city...just not my idea of and outdoor experience....

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
I'm not sure if the parking permit is still available but the Breezy Point area has pretty good drive-up access and fishing.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
473 Posts
I've been fishing Jones Beach my whole life, usually the inlet or west end beaches. The drive from brooklyn, especially with the current traffic situation, makes me crazy. I don't see any reason to spend two hours in the car if I don't have to.
You can also stop and fish long beach or rockaway when you take this way your pretty much driving right along the beach.

Two HOURS?
I make the ride from bklyn to West Babylon and it only takes me 45min. If the belt is crowded, try going threw rockaway over the atlantic bch bridge, threw long beach it may cut down on your driving time.

This message was edited by fourtwenty on 10-9-01 @ 12:54 PM

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Atlantic Beach Bridge/Rockaway inlet always produces some good fish. Just over the bridge in Atlantic Beach, the jetties are nice, flat rocks that work pretty well. Also, anywhere, any street in Long Beach. They all seem to produce fish. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.