NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in purchasing some detailed maps of the bottom of the LI sound. Things like wrecks, rocks, and other bottom structure is of particular interest.

Anyone know which is the best? Or where can I get 'em?

THANKS!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm I will have to check the Capt Seagulls thanks! Are they better than/more descript than the NOAA maps?

I will have a chart plotter come spring.

Just interested in glancing at some maps while I sit here with cabin fever. Never really took a good look outside of my immediate area...Particularly rock structure off points and around western islands....

Thanks to all who respond

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SORTIE wrote:
schoolman wrote:
Capt. Segull's charts, which are hard to beat.LMAO - I use mine as a large placemat on the dining table

Haha

It appears that your disease has spread much furthur than you had originally thought!

Thanks for the NOAA info EC

This post edited by TakinONwater 08:09 AM 02/06/2008

·
Registered
212 Posts
NOAA charts are good but make sure you get the right scale. As far as a chart plotter goes, there are chips for the plotters called bathymetric chips. The give more bottom and structural information than regular chips. They're also referred to as Bathy chips.

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
Mariner wrote:
NOAA charts are good but make sure you get the right scale. As far as a chart plotter goes, there are chips for the plotters called bathymetric chips. The give more bottom and structural information than regular chips. They're also referred to as Bathy chips.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any Bathy charts for Long Island Sound?

·
Registered
35,001 Posts
MakoMike wrote:
Mariner wrote:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any Bathy charts for Long Island Sound?

It appears they do have then..............
5 m Bathymetric Contours for Long Island Sound

This post edited by gverb1219 09:12 PM 02/06/2008

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.