NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow angler,
Join us for our first fishing bus charter to Morehead City, NC. partyboat fishing, charter boat style!

Itinerary:
Friday February 22
1st pick up 9am Commack, LI
Park & Ride Exit 52 LIE Commack Rd.
2nd pick up 10:45 am Brooklyn, NY
Ave. U & East 66th St. Keyfood shopping center
Arrive in Morehead City and board Carolina Princess at midnight Saturday

A 3 ½ to 4 ½ hour ride to the first drop
Fish all day
Back at dock 6pm
Bus to hotel, shower and sleep
Private buffet breakfast at hotel
Board the bus for NY
Back home dinnertimeish Sunday

Private charter- 40-45 people
crew 2 captains 4 mates
Boat 95? aluminum w/ full galley

All rooms at AmeriSuites are top notch suites
*double occupancy, add $40 for a private suite

All fishing gear, tackle, and bait provided!

Also includes entry to big $$$ pools (over$400 in cash & prizes)

Mastercard VISA Discover

Please contact me for more information
Call Capt. Rob 718-629-3615 or email [email protected]
FishNYC

This post edited by Seane 06:40 PM 01/07/2008

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is anyone going on this? i have interest but don't want to go by myself. Anyone have any reports how the fishing is now and how it is feb? how deep are they fishing? Bait only or do people fish jigs with success as well? Price seems pretty reasonable.
Thanks,
Chase

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are not alone

Chase,

Fishing is usually better in the winter, spring, and fall than it is in the summer. One of Carolina Princess? mates went out in a small boat last Sat. and picked up a citation Grouper around 33 pounds.

The usual catch is Vermillion Snapper, Red Snapper, Black Sea Bass, Grouper, Trigger Fish, Porgy's, Red Mouth Grunts, and the occasional Dolphin, Wahoo, and King Mackerel, and Jacks.

The depth can vary from 95 feet to 140 feet. We will probably stop several places
and the depth could vary each time.

Boston Mackerel & Squid are provided. The boat does have Cigar Minnows for sale. The 2007 price was $20, this may vary slightly. They allow light lining from the back, but because of safety concerns jigging is not allowed, as most people cast overhead the Capt. feels that it is a danger to others when there are 40+ people on the boat.

You won?t be alone, your fellow Noreast.com post-er longhunter has signed on as well some non-computer savy anglers.

Any more questions?

Capt. Rob

This post edited by Seane 03:12 AM 01/13/2008

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
additional trips

yes, I have allowed at least one weekend a month for the 2008 season to do these trips. The Carolina Princess also does a stand up trip off shore for tuna, Marlin, Wahoo, etc. I am looking at an April date right now for that trip. Where would you guys like to go and what do you want to fish for?
Capt. Rob

·
Registered
948 Posts
Jump on the Bus and lets go fishing

This sounds like an interesting trip. Sign me up. Just think, no driving and fishing where it's warmer(I hope)in February.

Dennis

PS.....Need a movie list for the bus!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
longhunter wrote:

This sounds like an interesting trip. Sign me up. Just think, no driving and fishing where it's warmer(I hope)in February.

Dennis

PS.....Need a movie list for the bus!

Sounds like a great trip and its too bad I can't go on those dates. Shocked that more people haven't signed up for this one.

For future trips it would be cool to do a stand-up/bottom combo, even if the bottom trip was one of their shorter 12 hour trips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.