NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on booking a trip to Parrot Bay Village in Costa Rica. Has anyone ever stayed there? Am I better off booking via a travel agent or booking directly with with the lodge. I plan on going next January. It's going to be 3 days of fishing with 2 being offshore (sailfish and marlin) and 1 inshore trip (for roosterfish) Any advise would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I just arrived (this past weekend) from an extended Costa Rica / Puerto Jimenez trip and it was absolutely great! After fishing the Costa Rican (Pacific) waters, I am happy to inform you that there are several exciting developments you should know. ;)

Since you are planning to fish it next year, there is plenty of time to decide. To save you from researching, you need to go to the Suffern or the Summerset Saltwater show. Check out Mike Laptew?s Costa Rican presentation and you will be trilled to see his lecture and the packages he has to offer.

Just an FYI: There is a great place in development which will debut this coming April. They will provide a wonderful resort with superior local captains. You can fish inshore for monster roosters, cubera and other mysterious critters. You can either try it with a fly outfit, live bait, casting poppers or even deep jigging for amberjacks or snappers. As far as chasing the pelagics, you have the tuna, mahi- mahi, wahoo and the largest sailfish and marlin that the Pacific has to offer.

You owe it to yourself to check it out. and I am confident that you will like what Mike has to offer. :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
I haven't been there, but I have sent clients there and they have come back happy. It is more of a family place then the other lodges in the area.
It won't cost you any more to book with an agent such as myself than if you book directly with the lodge.

CtJim wrote:
I plan on booking a trip to Parrot Bay Village in Costa Rica. Has anyone ever stayed there? Am I better off booking via a travel agent or booking directly with with the lodge. I plan on going next January. It's going to be 3 days of fishing with 2 being offshore (sailfish and marlin) and 1 inshore trip (for roosterfish) Any advise would be appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.