NorEast Fishing Forum banner

Boat theft...lookout..........

2K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  capt13 
#1 ·
Just got back from an offshore trip, and while I was out, I realized that my five man life raft was no longer on the boat. I noticed that my other boat had the cover off the console which was out of the ordinary. I didn't think anything of it until today, when I was in the hudson canyon and I realized that my raft was no longer in my hatch.

If you ************* are reading this, I just want to let you know that you put my life in jeapordy today, and If I ever catch you *******in my yard, I will open fire and put your life in jeapordy in a much bigger way.

Look out guys. I live on Bayberry point in Islip. They are out, don't leave anything out in the open.

Please keep your eyes open for a used five man raft for sale. On the upside, we did catch a bunch of yellowfin today and a few mahis.

#2 ·
Bahama, really sorry to hear about that. Will definitely keep my eye out for used raft. They will get there's, life has a funny way of evening itself out that way.

Glad to hear of some life in the Hudson though. Would you mind sharing some other details. I will guess you were around the 100square area as it looked like some water might have moved into there. Any life around the tip at all you noticed?

#6 ·
Lower than low!!!!!

I'll volunteer to take em' shark fishing if they're reading

#7 ·
Bahama,

Man what a crappy thing to do, boat theft is probably one of my biggest fears. Just a reminder to us all, and not to be a d*ck in any way......but if you're going offshore, which i dont do a whole lot, do you do a routine check/inspect the boat and all gear before you leave? I know if i was going offshore i would make sure everything is in order, EPIRB, raft, fire extinguisher, you know the deal. Granted hinesight is 20/20 (who thinks to check and see if their raft is stolen), but i think we should all have good safety practices and do a good check before we leave port. Just my 2 cents, and please dont take this as a bash. Be safe everyone, and keep em bent.

-tom

#11 ·
Here is a raft for sale:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/boa/740247455.html

NEW Winslow Life Raft, best on the market, MSRP: $5,000+... make offer

If this isn't yours, maybe it's a possible replacement?

I've lost a few rods off the boat, but thankfully nothing too expensive.

It is really not too hard to do the right thing in life if you have some internal compass, but not everyone does. I guess it's just as easy to be a lowlife bottomfeeding scum. Lock your stuff up.

#13 ·
There are also a bunch of life rafts on ebay. For example:
Here's one. Also do a search for life raft.

How much does it cost to repack a raft like that?

I had a small theft recently.. I let one of the guys at my marina borrow a shore power cord (we have strange plugs at the dock - regular extension cords don't work) - his battery died and couldn't plug in his recharger.. I told him to just put the cord in the storage bin under a seat in my ****pit when he was done.
I never see the cord.. so I approach him a few days later and he said he put the cord where I told him to the next morning. But it wasn't there. Someone must have jumped on my boat and swiped it.
Strange that nothing else was missing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.