NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Look at the price also, $3450 !! Alot of people choke on the cost of the hobies which are under $2000.

also, check out the FAQs on the site, sounds like alot of maintenance needed after each use when used in saltwater. I wonder of this thing is more designed for fresh water ? Maybe it would not hold up too well in saltwater ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
8 Hrs on one tank of 3 gals?!? It's nice but it would be better if it where a sit on top. Not a big fan of those spray skirts. I wonder if would be good for trolling at low speeds?

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Ooooh! I like!!!!

Wonder if it would be restricted from beach launching in the same places we launch our yaks (probably).

I'd love to try one!

This post edited by Jaiem 12:13 AM 02/07/2008

·
Registered
527 Posts
The Mokai has been around for more than a few years. There's someone I know that posts on another site that bought 1 a few years back of which he uses in saltwater and loves it. At that cost it's not bad at all. If I had 1 I would hook up a trolling motor for use on the flats in our area. If you tried trolling the flats using the engine you would spook the fish away. I wish they would come out with a SOT with the same engine.
Also on a side note this kayak has to be registered at the local DMV.

This post edited by KayakerStan 03:44 PM 02/11/2008

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
It defeats the purpose-- it's a jets ski ...no it's a Kayak --wait it's both??

@ $3500 you could find a nice used aluminum flats boat and pole your way through.

not practical enough for me.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
carl4x4 wrote:
surfango
They have a sit on top the does 25mph.;)

www.surfango.com

thanks for sharing---- never saw this before..but this things wacked too...

so where do you put the big screen HDTV ???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.