NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always enjoyed the tuna action behind the draggers south of Montauk in October but have not heard anything this year. Three weeks ago caught several school bluefin and Mahi Mahi but did not see anyone else. I was in the area of Ryan,s horn. No draggers in sight.
Has anyone been in the area in the past few weeks and seen the activity behind the draggers?
Thanks,

G

·
The only solid bluefin action I've heard of has been happening at the Texas Tower, when conditions last allowed.

There was a real good bite there with bluefin between 90-200 pounds, and as soon as things lay down I'm going to give a try.

The Bassman

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
I've heard that the bluefins and draggers are still way to the east of Montauk. Last I hear they were about 40 miles east, but moving west. They should be closer to the point very soon.

===MakoMike===

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.