NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,914 Posts
I used to just marinade the bluefish fillets in Italian dressing and then bar-b-que in aluminum foil.

When they get up the search feature, do a search for Bluefishmaster's posts. I think it was under "Caught Fish Safe to Eat", you could put together a book from all the recepies in that thread.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Here's a site that I found yesterday. There's quite a few recipes for bluefish.

There's drop-down menu's, and you can find info and recipes about all the species of fish and shellfish caught in our area. I would just put a link, but that feature isn't working on our new board yet, so here's the address...just copy and paste it into your browser.

http://www.nyseafood.org/recipes/bluefish/

~tight lines~

·
Registered
32,144 Posts
Gotta agree with MeanBean - turn the blues into fertilizer....

As for bass:

lemon, butter (under the fillets), garlic, paprika, oregeno, white wine & tarrogon. Wrap in tin foil, place on BBQ for about 15 minutes

or

marinate in teriyaki sauce for half hour, place in tin foil (again with some butter under the fillets), pour on some of the teriyaki, sprinkle rosemary over fish & seal the tin foil. Place on BBQ for about 15 minutes

Both of these work well with fluke & flounder. For tuna steaks - I'd suggest the teriyaki marinade. No tin foil - keep basting with the teriyaki sauce as the tuna cooks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
blue & bass recepies

thanks a lot fellas,I appreciate your efforts....meanbean, you cracked me up when I read your reply..appreciate the humor. by the way,you do get good veggies from it,along with all the animals who are looking for a freebie.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Ohhh you bluefish bashers you...

Soak em in milk, cut away the dark meat... Do the foil puuch thing on BBQ, Fishcakes too., smoke em if you got em.
Its a nice fish even breaded with progresso breadcrumbs.
trick is also bleed em & or fillet them right away.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Striped Bass Ala Bad Attitude

Take two Striped Bass filets and place them on a cookie sheet,soak them with fresh squeezed lemon,add a few thin slices of butter on top of filets,add some crushed garlic,sprinkle only the top of filets with Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.Broil until brown,add more lemon and serve.Best Bass you've ever had.Restaurant quality.

·
Registered
49 Posts
bluefish

filet, place on a newly sliced piece of cherry wood, add tomatoes, scalions, cooked white rice, papricka.

Bake in oven for 1 and 45 mins at 350 degrees.

When done, throw the fish away and eat the wood!!!! LOL

I don't care for bluefish.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
see that another bluefish basher!! LOL to each his own.

One thing about bluefish, well 2 things. Its good for you, and its easy to catch..make that 3 things, Its cheap or free really.
If your poor like me you train your pallet to think it's tasyyier then it might be.
Smother it in Tarter sauce and eat it only when your really hungry after a couple beers.
Paulie, like the S.Bass recipe, Cant wait to catch one & give it a try.
Alan

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
see that another bluefish basher!! LOL to each his own.

One thing about bluefish, well 2 things. Its good for you, and its easy to catch..make that 3 things, Its cheap or free really.
If your poor like me you train your pallet to think it's tastier then it might be.
Smother it in Tarter sauce and eat it only when your really hungry after a couple beers.
Paulie, like the S.Bass recipe, Cant wait to catch one & give it a try.
Alan

·
Registered
398 Posts
eatin good

scalawag, i hear you about using progresso bread crumbs. their italian style are, by far, the best i have ever had.

you guys are killing me with the butter and garlic. i haven't had a speck of butter in over a month (dr's orders). pretty good for me, considering i like my stripers swimming in garlic butter. gonna have to try substituting with olive oil this year.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I've given up on trying to convert the almighty bluefish. Don't get me wrong, on the fly rod, large blues are still my number 1. Stripers- Blackened. Buy some Paul Prudom's "Cajun Magic". Or mix it from scratch. Dredge the fillet through olive oil or butter. Sprikle on the "Cajun Magic" to top side, flip it on a very hot cast iron skillet or grill, sprinkle the other side facing you. Couldn't be easier. A little dirty or wild rice. Your good to go. *A bit hot to the pallette.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Opinari, Love those Progresso b crumbs..

With the right sized ****tail blues that have soaked in milk then breaded/panfried in a little olive oil in a nice nonstick pan , YUM YUM. No kidding the bluefish has a nice texture the breadcrumbs, milk take care of any bunker strong taste. You wouldnt know its bluefish if no one said anything. really good.
A good fishcake recipe substitute with bluefish that was poached in the Microwave or whatever..Freeze them those fishcakes, it's impossible to tell it's bluefish in there taste great great for you..
Lets hear it for BLUEFISH!!!
Hip Hip... Hip Hip....
The Rodney Dangerfield of fish
{ as far as taste goes}

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.