NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go to the posted reports, read the report titled "Blackfish Galore!" by me. It should be posted within the hour by the mods I hope. You blackfish lovers will like the first half of the report, but not the last..........

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I watched each time they measured them, were 15"+, two of them being 18".... Well, I got there and they had already brought some fish back to the car, then they threw 3 more in the bucket and brought them back which caught my eye.... Then another 2, then another 2 before I left, so I still don't know how many they got when I left.... But they didn't care, they were "GOOD EATING FISH" as the father told me.... BTW, he offered me one, but I opted out... One, I like to catch my own fish, and two, I don't like being part of a crime!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Unfortunately and probably not just in my opinion, they are the best eating fish out there.

Shouldn't lead to this kind of behavior though. And I may get some heat here for asking but is there any chance this guy may not have been awar of the regs, perhaps english wasn't his native language.

(I apologize beforehand if the above question offends anyone)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They were of asian decent, but the son even told me when they got their second batch of two that they just limited out, meanwhile managing to catch more and keep them.

The son was in his late teens to early 20's like myself. For now on when I go out, I'm bringing a copy of the regs, just incase someone needs to see the rules.....

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
He was aware of the size limit because jmc says that he was measuring them...Besides, it is his responsiblity to know the regs before he goes fishing, regardless of his language skills.

Blackfish are one of the few fish that really need the protection provided by the current regs due to the fact that they grow very S-L-O-W-L-Y.

On the bright side of things, at least it looks like we are going to have a decent season...

Gamakatsu

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just two more canidates that should be deported, there are no excuses for not knowing the regs, and no excuse for teaching your children to disregard our laws, throw em in the water next time

·
Banned
3,430 Posts
I said it before and I will say it again, don't lose any sleep over this stuff. Conservation laws are not high on New York state's priority list. If they were, they would hire ten times more enforcement officers and make them arrest violators on the spot. Just live with the comfort that most anglers on the water do indeed follow the regs. There always were and always will be these violators out there who make our blood boil if you let it get to you. I am not a bigot, but yes many of them are immigrants too because they have less regard for our laws (see my comments under the "DEC Needed at Canarsie" postings...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.