NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out today , boat's in the water, first time out had a blast. I brought a ultra lite Penn setup & tossed around a little bucktail type thing, wasnt expecting to catch anything and didnt. I heard that the herring is still around, but.. What are the odds of catching any keeper blackfish by the bridges? I basically started blackfishing couple yrs. ago & dont know that much about them. I didnt even know I could target them now.
Any tips info. on bait ect??
Any chance of keepers without heading out the inlet?
thanks, Alan

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was out today , boat's in the water, first time out had a blast. I brought a ultra lite Penn setup & tossed around a little bucktail type thing, wasnt expecting to catch anything and didnt. I heard that the herring is still around, but.. What are the odds of catching any keeper blackfish by the bridges? I basically started blackfishing couple yrs. ago & dont know that much about them. I didnt even know I could target them now.
Any tips info. on bait ect??
Any chance of keepers without heading out the inlet?
thanks, Alan

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Well soon the blackfish will be heading inshore to spawn. Witht he very mild winter we've had they might head back in sooner than expected. Not sure if you'll get em in the inlets yet, but if you do I think it would generally be the smaller togs. Get some green crabs or clams and give it a try...you'll never know till you do.

Remember, ya gotta hook 'em to cook 'em.

got tog?

Bergalls have feelings too...

·
Registered
321 Posts
I heard from a reliable source the inshore South Shore Blackfish bite is starting already. Not in the bays but much closer than 17 fathoms. Water temp in the ocean as of the other day was about 44 degrees. In a normal winter the inshore bite would start in the ocean in April but his winter anything goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.