NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Crazy Al,

I posted this message on another discussion board and someone suggested that I post it on yours for your input.

---------------------
This weekend (March 10 & 11)the weather will be ideal in New York City and I wanna go fishing for Togs! Can any one tell me what Party Boats are going out for Blacks this weekend out of either Sheepshead Bay, Point Lookout or City Island?

I have been calling around and it seems like everyone is either painting their boat or doing repairs! I know I did not call evry boat in these areas and I would appreciate some help finding a vessel. I got cabin fever bad and if I don't get out of the house and fish soon, I am going to hang myself with some 50lb PowerPro Spectra braided fishing line!

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Hello Francim13,

Hmmm? I know that the winter doldrums is getting to you but just hang in there just a few more days. (Flounder opening day - March 16). I know the weather is kicking in nicely and this weekend is going to be touching the 60?degree mark. But, I don?t want you to do anything foolish like hanging yourself with 50lbs. Power Pro Spectra line. OK? let me break the news to ya and don?t blame the messenger (and keep your 50lbs. PP line away from me). :)

The black fishing is really S L O W and most party boats are out of commission for awhile. Your best bet right now is mackerel /ling fishing. Even that is picky but hey? it?s still winter. Another option you have is herring fishing by the local docks (high tide proposition) but that can get rather old really fast. If you surfcast? it?s not a bad idea to start scouting out for new spots, cuts, holes etc? or even getting your outfits ready.

Also, I don?t know if you like the freshwater scene? but the panfish (Yellow perch, Sunnies and Crappies) are active and you will also get your occasional pickerel and bass to harass your offering. It?s a great light tackle activity and it will get your fishing blues away.

In addition, April 1st, is the official trout date and there will be plenty of stocked lakes for you to play. All you got to do is to purchase your freshwater license and you are good to go.

Hope this helps?

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ola Crazy Al,

Thanks for the update. I am disappointed that my favorite fishing vessels are in the process of getting much needed maintenance, but I will hold off hanging myself for now!

I decided to take a trip down to the Garden State and book passage on the Jamaica II with one of the Bogan brothers. So, I am going to put that hangman's noose that I made out of Power Pro Spectra 50lb braid to good use. I am going to attach a bank sinker to it instead of my neck!

Thanks again for the info.

Tightlines!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Al,

I am definitely ready to hang myself after last weekend. I posted my report, but since it was my second report, I don't think thew posting police will allow it to viewed in it's entirety.

On Saturday, March 9th, I booked passage on the Jamaica II, out of Brielle, New Jersey. The trip was advertised as a 12 hour Mud Hole & Wreck trip. The catch was to be Hake, Cod, Ling, Pollock and Sea Bass. The vessel was full. At least 60 anglers were on board and itching to catch some fish. I must say it was the most unpleasant experience I had. The catch of the day was DOGFISH!!!!! I caught at least ten by myself. I average tally per man was 3 ling and 5 mackerel. I had a guy next to me that was so rude; I was about to throw him overboard. Besides smoking cigarettes, he was puffing weed (MARIJUANA,MARY JANE, REFER - for those of you who don't know what I am taliking about), and did not have the courtesy to stop when I complained. There were no mates to found and when they were found, they they were not interested in my complaints. Both the men?s and ladies restrooms were filled to the rim with human feces. It was disgusting. It was the worst boat I have ever been on and I will never book passage on it again. I don?t know who the captain was, but he definitely wasn?t one of the Bogans. I felt ripped off and the boat is poorly managed. The mates are the worst I have ever seen. I hope the owner of the vessel is reading this posting, because unless someone speaks up you will never know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.