NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my kids Porgy fishing and while I was baiting their hook I was bit on my hand by a Bloodworm. It drew blood, started to burn a little and I felt some pain but did'nt think much of it. Here I am a week later and my pinky is swollen and the bite marks are still present. Any thoughts on if it is an allergic reaction or am I just being a crybaby? I asked the guys in the bait shop if it had ever happened to them and they said yes, soak it in Epson Salt and it should go away.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
Don't take a chance!

If you are in pain or discomfort go to a doctor. Though the bite may not be a reaction it may just be infected. But I know porgy fins and blackfish spines last in my skin for weeks and hurts. Nothing you could do till it comes out on its own. Maybe you broke off a piece of the pincher in your skin causing the problem? But if the pain or area looks worse go get it checked out . better safe then sorry!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Diagnosis: Bacterial Infection

You have a bacterial infection. The worm pierced the skin and either had bacteria on its pincers or other bacteria on your hand got into the wound. Call your doctor he/she will prescribe an antibiotic, dont blow it off. Feel better brother.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doctor says I'm gonna live

Went to the doc this morning and he said there's no infection. Just a little irritation from me scratching the **** out of it. He said to watch it and it should be gone in a week.
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top