NorEast Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last 2 weeks I started a Big Blue thread here and they won,so here we go again,this time at the Frozen Tundra...
What do you think ?
Farve is one of the best quarterbacks to play the game and is still great,however he can't scramble away from the defense(sacker's) like some of the younger QB's.
Its going to be cold for both teams but with the hype of going to the superbowl with this win nobody will be thinking cold.
What can I say about Eli,since that game in Buffulo he became a different,relaxed,confident quarterback.He finally appears to be in control.The Giants beat the #1 defense (Tampa Bay),they beat the #1 seed (Cowboys) and they almost upset the 16-0 Patriots.

This post edited by B.Attitude 06:34 AM 01/20/2008

Attachments

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
I agree....... i'm a little worried....but. ...........BIG BLUE.........................................GIDDY THE F!!!UP..........caint wait......going to the firehouse with the boys to watch the game............

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Should be a great game.Perhaps epic!Just a feeling I have.
This is football! Cold and outdoors the way I grew up watching it.Up in Green Bay on a late Sunday afternoon ...
It doesn't get any better than this to me

Started watching (actually listening to the radio) the Giants when Earl Morral was quarterbacking(1965 :rolleyes:...I was 8 years old ).Then came Fran Tarkington for a few years and I've been hooked on Big Blue all these years tho football has taken a backseat the past decade as my kids and house etc has taken up a big chunk of my life.
I never ever expected this team to get anywhere near an NFC Championship this year.To be honest I wrote them off before the season began especially with Barber retiring.
They turned out to be better off without Tiki and his motor mouth!

Well...they sure changed my attitude as well as alot of other fans this season.
Its been a fun month watching them play the Patriots like they did then wins over the Bucs and the team I dislike almost as much as the Red Sox: Dallas Cowboys

Americas Team?
I don't think so!

Green Bay can be beaten!
A brutally cold game with a frozen football that is slicker than a greased pig!
Farve has had a magical season and what a way to show how its done at the age of 38!
It will come down to turnovers and Manning showing that he has come of age somewhat..

Giants vs Packers
I love it!Its a classic game we have coming and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

Do we get the "new" Eli today?Do we see a QB who has matured and settled in at running this team.He's still young and learning and teams always "pay their dues" along the road thru the playoffs.

Gints 27
Packers 24

This post edited by PaddleOn 09:05 AM 01/20/2008

·
Registered
41,913 Posts
LBRLSSCK wrote:
Well I was wrong last week and HOPE I'm wrong again....GB 31, NYG 20. It's all about some of the breaks going the wrong way late in the game.

wrong..... keep the penalties at 0 no interceptions we will win

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Eli's last 4 games that included Buffulo,New England,Tampa Bay and Dallas he was on the money.My big concern today is the defense,they need to pressure Farve. When he has time he is dangerous.

·
Registered
41,913 Posts
B.Attitude wrote:
Eli's last 4 games that included Buffulo,New England,Tampa Bay and Dallas he was on the money.My big concern today is the defense,they need to pressure Farve. When he has time he is dangerous.
dont worry there beat up from the last game nd Eli knows when to run

·
Registered
252 Posts
Lets go Giants!

The elements are all there for this to be an historic game, legendary NFL teams facing off in near zero temperatures, an old school battle going down to the last minute, final game for all-time great Bret Favre and the first championship for future star Eli Manning, and a continuation a great underdog run for big blue. This could be a game thats talked about for many years to come.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
As a Pats fan there's NOTHING I'd like better that seeing that candy-azz Peyton have to sit at home and watch his little brother play in the Super Bowl.

Plus I can't stand Favre.

But alas.......ain't gonna happen.

·
Registered
17,235 Posts
Cap Johnny, love you like a brother but it will be SO SWEET when your precious Pats' unbeaten record is BUSTED wide open in the SB by the NY GINTS

Does anybody remember SB XX??

I normally don't pay no never mind to pro sports, but tonight's game is a MUST-SEE...has all the makings of a classic

p.s. Gints + points is a LOCK

·
Registered
47,014 Posts
I'm gonna make some of that Knorrs vegetable dip, get some pretzles and Sam Adams Winter Lager. Maybe boil up a pound of shrimp and make a couple sardine and onion sanwiches.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
likeitreallyis wrote:
Eli doesn't like bad weather :mad:
Did you see the 60mph winds,pouring rain and then the snow blowing in their Buffulo game? Thats when it all turned around for Eli.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
I dont think eli can win the game for us but he can certainly lose it. We need a great performance from the front 4 and a smash mouth running game. WE get those 2 things established early and Big blue will be in the Big Show
I will celebrate the win with a little blue of my own;)

1 - 20 of 191 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.