NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Strippers..." Hmm. I would try a seedy bar that advertises exotic performers.... The Foxy Lady, or such..

Stripers, however, are another thing altogether...

Sorry couldn't resist.

·
Registered
96 Posts
One more related question:

As far as bucktail colors are concerned, I know white is generally good for daytime, black for night. I see red bucktails, as well as alot of red and white redfins and minnows out there. I have always thought that the color of your bucktail, or any other lure for that matter should attempt to imitate the color of a baitfish, squid, etc., yet I can't think of what I'd be imitating if I used a red bucktail, or a red and white minnow. Is red or red/white a nighttime color or day, and does it produce results? Are these colors, as well as the fluorecent greens and yellows I see just meant to attract attention (from the fish)?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've been an advid salt since my Dad first took me in 1968 and have spent alot of money on artificals. Here is my opinion. If you only buy one artificial, buy some bucktails 3/4 oz up to 2 oz in white with at least one black. Buy some pork rinds and attach to the tail. I use red, white. The pork rinds will flutter and simulate a dying bait fish. Fish them in moving water as strippers like moving water (more oxygen and more food) Use black when night fishing. Also buy some type of spoons in the same weight. Yozuris are good too. I have not fished with bait in several years but there is a time and place. Also don't neglect a good rod with a rating of about 1 oz to 5 oz and at least ten feet (surf). I have a 9 ft Penn which is very comfortable but does not have the range of my ten ft Loomis. Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.