NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
If they don't beat the price, bring in any catalog and west marine usually matches the price.Looking at one plotter at west marine for $599. -at consumer it is shown for $439.-- that difference buys a lot of bait.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Try NY Marine Electronics in Port Jefferson. He usally has a booth at the Nassau show and is very competitive. His name is Jim York. I outfitted a new boat last year and he saved me a ton. He carry's all items from basic's to high end. He will answere all guestions and you will get the best price. Best time to go is on a friday night, this way you have some time to chat. He knows what the prices are in consumers as all the dealers do. Consumers is good as I have used them for different electrical items like remote spots etc but what happens when you have a problem with the unit?
Good luck.
bcmeyer

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Try NY Marine Electronics in Port Jefferson. He usally has a booth at the Nassau show and is very competitive. His name is Jim York. I outfitted a new boat last year and he saved me a ton. He carry's all items from basic's to high end. He will answere all guestions and you will get the best price. Best time to go is on a friday night, this way you have some time to chat. He knows what the prices are in consumers as all the dealers do. Consumers is good as I have used them for different electrical items like remote spots etc but what happens when you have a problem with the unit?
Good luck.
bcmeyer

·
Registered
71 Posts
coming soon: my new electronics catologe for 2002. should be here in about one week. if you can wait i will help you boys out with prices near or at wholesale./no joke./ all brands/all new /all on the up+up.there is a fish GOD....capesams/cape cod

·
Registered
134 Posts
You can surf the net, for anything,but you will find most prices are very close. I have gotten quotes from some companies, and taken them to some stores, and they met the price. Remember some add shipping costs on-line,tax is a??.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
CAPESAMS-

I would be very interested in your catalogue since I am taking delivery on a new boat in March.

But you need to know I'm from Missouri which is "The Show Me State".

You'd have to "show me" that this is for real considering that you've been a registered member of this board for ALMOST 2 Days now!

As per your other post regarding another member's inquiry on a Sea Craft, you've been around for 39 years and had "lots of boats". I would assume that you would have known about this website long before yesterday when you joined.

I am anxious to see what prices you have. I'll give you my e-mail address when you post yours!

Regards,

Mad MAhi

TSLTW

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Hi Porgy man,
I had a northstar 952 waas,gps, Furuno 4 kw antena and Crt display that was interfaced with the GPS, mounting braket for radar & GPS,furuno FCV 600 color F/F, intrepid radio that interfaced with the GPS for distress signal, Digital antenna for radio, flo meter mounted not wired, and a remote spot. Everthing installed for 2100. 2 days with 2 men. It came out great. The nice thing is that having him install it he is also a ceritefied by furuno and norhtstar. I had a problem with the display for the radar and he had it fixed, no problem. Sometimes if you do installation yourself you may have problem with warrenty work if needed.
Check him out at the nassau show. He is usally on the side corridor,out of the limelight.Tell him Bill M with the parker sent you.
BCMeyer

·
Registered
71 Posts
YES, I've been on the water for 39 years. I just got home after having a Garmin 232 chart plotter air dropped to the boat. YES, I have another life and it's not sitting in front of the computer. I build custom homes/c/rods for people and tackle shops/fish/rebuild boats top to bottom.YES-I have retail/wholesale license for some tackle and electronics. NO boaters/w or west/m installs electronics. NOT all the prices I quote you will be the lowest around I can only quote from the 2 books I have. Just trying to help out fellow fishermen. thanks Capesams

·
Registered
71 Posts
GENTLEMEN: I will gladly e-mail you a web site to the people i deal with.they don't sell to the general public just dealers only.But it will give you all the info. on the products that are avialable to me.If you know just what you are looking for/brand/mod#.etc. I will call them for prices on the items and e mail those to you.ALL items can be shp.right to your door from the co.THERE is no obligation to buy any thing.I called again fri. to see how the 2002 cat. was comeing &this person told me 4wks.[it's killing me]thanks to a good friends WIFE I no longer have my 2001 cat.I will send more details to you VIA our e-mails and not on this dis. brd.[rules]. my e-mail is posted[more info.] THANKS/capesams

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.