NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Crazy Al, this is just the kind of board we need to get us thru the cold, dark, boring winter! Welcome Aboard :)
I do have a question, while fishing outside of Jones this morning I heard a guy say he was doing great with bass on clam bellies in 40 feet of water off of the needle. This may be a dumb question, but how do you fish bellies in 40ft of water. I've done it and caught a lot of fish in the inlet and back bays, but the ocean?

Good Luck and Tight Lines

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Hey Crazy Al, this is just the kind of board we need to get us thru the cold, dark, boring winter! Welcome Aboard
I do have a question, while fishing outside of Jones this morning I heard a guy say he was doing great with bass on clam bellies in 40 feet of water off of the needle. This may be a dumb question, but how do you fish bellies in 40ft of water. I've done it and caught a lot of fish in the inlet and back bays, but the ocean?

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Ah? that?s a great question! Although this is not my preference? It?s a known fact that clam bellies is very affective? However, you run the risk of high mortality release!

To prevent it ? You will need a circle hook and some rubber band! The circle hook will greatly reduce the mortality % (deep, gut hooking) -AND- the rubber band is a great gadget to keep the bellies intact!

Please note: Clam will entice more strikes, but mostly school bass. If you are seeking the elusive cow, I strongly recommend fresh bunker! At this time, there are large bunker pods migrating through the South Shores and that would be the key to your success!

Hope this helps!

?Crazy? Alberto

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.