NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill be fishing the F.Totten and L.Neck Bay area tonight. Pls advise as to what lures w/wo bait ill need to use to try to catch blues/strippers from the beach on the incoming tide.
Thank you.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Bait: for stipers (in this order) clams, eels, bunker. for blues I prefer cut bunker. As far as lures, a 2 - 4 oz spoon of some type, a 2 or 3 oz gig (white or black) with a red or white porkbelly (you can find them in little jars in the bait shop) attached to the gig. Those are your best and least expensive lures. I like yo-zuri plugs for blues. Ask the bait shop about plugs for strippers but flesh and black are good colors. I have been told to always use black when fishing for stripers at night. Tight Lines

·
Registered
96 Posts
If I'm not too late...

I've been using redfins, small jointed Rebel swimming minnows (blue and white)and black bombers (5") at night all summer, but not at Little Neck Bay (I've only fished here during the day).Try a ssslllooowww retrieve at night. just a v-wake on the surface should work, as it has for me at Nissequogue River.

Please post and let me know how you make out, OK?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was there with friend from 7-45 -8-45pm...fished fron the jetty by the parkin lot. Lost a bucktail due to the rocks then threw a bunker chunk that subsequently got hung up on the rocks. I better start to learn to make my own rigs. No bites. No one else that was there was makin any noise as well. I found it difficult to fish at night from the jetty. Better luck next time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.