NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey springman26, you're right these wooden lures are the premier wooden lure on the surf. I've fished them for many years and found them to outperform almost all of the other wooden lures,including Gibbs, which by the way hasn't performed recently like the older Gibbs plugs. Habs plugs are the only other wooden plugs which may, at times outperform a Beachmaster and he's limited to making mostly poppers and needlefish, although I heard that he's coming out with a metal liped swimmer soon. Causeway B&T on Merrick Rd has the large atom 40's. Bernie's B&T on Emmons Ave. in Brooklyn also carries a selection of the Beachmaster plugs including a 2oz. Danny but be prepared to pay top dollar.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Springman26

I might add that these plugs have a terrific finish that is hard and lasts much longer than any other plug out there, and what you pay for is top notch workmanship, and dont forget these plugs are made the right way, well balanced(they dont tumble when cast) and THRU WIRED,

You can also find Beachmaster in Queens at Pro Fishing Tackle on Northern Blvd.

As with anything, you get what you pay for, I own countles dozens of various Beachmaster plugs, and a bunch of guys I fish with, as well as myself swear by them.

Good luck and hook a monster.

Mike Lang

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hey---when you stop and consider what Gibbs cost now, and the much better quality that you get with Beachmaster---top dollar is kind of relative. I'd rather pay $18 for a Beachmaster Danny or Cowboy than $16 for a Gibbs.

Pro Fishing might be the cheapest source.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey metallip, keep up the good work. You're producing a top notch wooden lure that works big time. I have a friend that's so impressed with "Bobby's" lures that he keeps all of his spares in a mahogany chest in his den.....sick puppy.
Anyway, hope you can produce those 2oz. darters before next season. Any idea when we'll be getting them?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just toss her out there and wach it wiggle. Beachmaster darters really are the best darn thing on the market, not many currents can make it flop on the surface, it digs right away, NO other darters, save custom, can comapare with is random darting action, the cast well... the list goes on. For $2 or $3 over a gibbs, for a custom made plug that is thru wired, how can anybody get my money before Beachmaster? Their swimmers have such a unique swim it is unmatchable. One caution, you are on your own in finding them. I am a nice guy, but I will not tell you where to find them, too many days I have gone on hunts for certain models and came up empty or with one plug and a $20 gas bill. I am still looking for certain colors that I have never even seen, and they always pop up, and some of their plug models that I have never even seen only heard of or glimpsed. Please, if the shop is closing down for financial reasons, I would be willing to put up some funds, or even turn plugs (for free plugs), I am capable with a lathe and a quick learner LOL.

JC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.