NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got rid of my hummer which i had no problems on the beach with the stock tires and didnt even let air out of my tires.

I got a new GMC 2500HD and wondering what kind of new tires i should put on it if any.. should i stick with the little tires they got...?

I was thinking about maybe some mickey thompson radials or something.. just not sure.

Anyone got anything to help let me know!

·
Registered
512 Posts
TIRES

it really doesnt matter what you have. i guess the smoother the tire the better. but i hope you know you have to air down.reason being not airing down puts more of a strain on your engine,your more prone to getting stuke,an you will be tairing the beach up

This post edited by mako841 12:59 PM 01/26/2008

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
searchin wrote:
I've read the Nitto's don't last nearly as long. That was the main knock against them. Sweet looking tire though. nittos are great there more quite than BFG's and definetly last longer...i got 40k on mine and could honestly go another 40
i also got my 285/75/16 (33x11.5) for 105 a tire when BFG are about 130-150 a tire...

This post edited by toyotaoffroad91 05:36 PM 01/26/2008

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have the BFG all terrains on my GMC 2500. The 265 75/R16 fits the stock rim and there's no front tire clearence issues. The wider footprint makes a huge diference on the beach. I still always air down. As someone said eairler it puts less strain on the engine and tranny. Also,I went with those tires because they're E rated. I pull a 12,000 lb. fifth wheel camper, bolth on and of the beach. The picture below shows my tires with 15,000 miles on them and they look like new. One other improtant thing, they're pretty quiet for an A/T tire.
Hope this helps, Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bridgestone Dueller A/T

I got Bridgestone Duellers for my Nissan Titan and they are pretty good. They were a lot cheaper than the BFGs and they grip much better than the old stock Goodyears. The Nittos are nice also and I know a lot of people that have them as well. The thing with the Bridgestones that is a plus for me is that I bought them at Firestone/Bridgestone so I got a lifetime tire rotation and alignment at a discount when I bought them. Tehy work fine on the beach, but I always air down.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Unclemeat wrote:
I got Bridgestone Duellers for my Nissan Titan and they are pretty good. They were a lot cheaper than the BFGs and they grip much better than the old stock Goodyears. The Nittos are nice also and I know a lot of people that have them as well. The thing with the Bridgestones that is a plus for me is that I bought them at Firestone/Bridgestone so I got a lifetime tire rotation and alignment at a discount when I bought them. Tehy work fine on the beach, but I always air down.

Go one step better- BRIDGESTONE -Dueler- REVO ...

My days of being a beach rat have ended. But before I bought my boat I ran a 4X4 on the beaches and had all the favorites: BFG, GOODYEAR, Mickey T, Hoosier, Pirelli, Dunlop, Michelin and some I even forgot.

Most of you do not just drive your SUV's on the beach. They are your daily drivers as well. Biggest mistake is to buy a tire that is perfect in conditions that you drive in less than 10% of the time.

Up until about 2 years ago, I would say the best ALL AROUND truck tire was the Yokohama Geolander A/T. I now say it is the Bridgestone REVO.

Tests have shown that they grip better in wet and dry roads, light and heavy snow and have better ICE traction than BFG, MICHELIN, Nitto, Goodyear or any other 'A/T' tire currently produced. They are also quieter. What they don't have is the "knobby, aggressive" look that appeals to most, and is the worst to have on sand. They are also long wearing.

Check them out, I know you'll like the performance. Just remember to air down, to save gas and wear on your drive train and the beach!

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
I prefer Coopers or Generals for a long lasting tire.For the beach if you ride in the tracks a skinny tire is better.(also better on the highway more miles to the gallon and less strain)If you do alot of out of track activity a wider tire will be better.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Big fan of the Bridgestone Dueller A/T

I put this on my Durago last year (replaced the stock crap Goodyear tires) and so far I am very happy with them on the beach. Reasonable price and great traction in the sand. Also not too noisy on the hwy.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thanks. Saw you're going out to the Buggy up, so we'll see you there again. Got a nice AquaSkinz top out at Causway B&T the morning after the bash with the $100 gift certificate I won that night. I recall you scored a couple times as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.