NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After fishing the Thumb for only the third time recently for some good Flounder action( I'm a North Shore guy)
and becoming a little bit familiar with the structure there. Most notably the drop off to deep water at the eastern end by the rocks. I was wondering if this was a good spot to fish for bass.

Over the years I have heard of bass from there but almost as an aside.......accidental catch and such.

Do I have the wrong impression?

Or is the Sore Thumb a tried and true well known Bass spot.?

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
A lot of guys work that shore line area for bass with just about all techniques. As with any other spot it can be hot or cold. I've been told the outgoing is prefered for casting the area. But I'm sure it can be worked on either tide.

If you do wade the area be careful! There are some places where it drops 10 feet or more just a step or two into the water!!

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
anywhere at the thumb

Outgoing or incoming the trick is having it quiet. The best time I have had is on the outgoing right by the thumb just west of the green can in about 12 ft of water. Watch the rip form and float your clams in that rip. It always produced for me. Boat traffic makes ther fishing drop off in that spot. Use chum and fresh calms with circle hooks.
bcmeyer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.