NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crash (or anyone!),

We have e-mailed back and forth in the past; it's been a while though! Glad to see you participating w/Noreast as the freshwater answer man. Would like to finally get started freshwater fishing by my home (Carmel), and would be very grateful for some general tips on where to go without a boat on any of the reseviors or lakes around me. I'd really like to find a decent smallmouth hole accessable by foot. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Wolff

·
Registered
192 Posts
Cross River and New Croton also. Both have plenty of shore access. The two coves before the dam on Croton and the dam road side of Cross River have decent access and parking while offering top notch smallies for those that aren't afraid to get off the beatn path.

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
Crash - any info/locations I can try around Mt. Snow Vermont? Family's going skiing end of March - I don't ski. Last year I tried it on West River which is open to trout c&r south of the Townsend Dam.

Had a little luck near Newfane (covered bridge) before my waders gave out.

Any other suggestions? Are you familar with the area?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey Wader,

The last trip I made was the first trip I made, great country though. As for trout stream, we checked out a few in the Ludlow and south of Burlington. Rt 103 followed what appeared to be an excellent river with many pools and other fishy features. I highly suggest finding a local B&T to get the scoop. In Burlington try Dattilios, Be prepared though theses guys are as hick as they come. That worked for me as they are mighty friendly up there. I can name a few lakes, but streams I did not focus on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.