NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be in Melville on business and would like to bring a fly rod or two. Any basic information on where to soak a fly from shore, wading areas, jetties, fishing license requirements, beach permits, etc. would be greatly appreciated. :)

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Depending on the wind, you can either head North to Crab Meadow or Sunken Meadow parks, or South to Robert Moses and the Ocean Parkway beaches. Use clousers or deceivers.

Good luck!

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Banned
3,430 Posts
Puppydrum,

There is a sporting goods store called "The Campsite" on Route 110 in Huntington (just North of Melville). They have a great flyfishing department and the staff expert who ties their flies has some great patterns for our local waters. He can rig you up and point you to where the recent blitzes have been taking place.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Glad you liked them and got fish. If you have a picture I'd be happy to see it, maybe fit it on my site too.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.